Agency & Acquisitions
Experience and expertise to assist individuals, farmers and investors acquire or dispose of rural properties both within the open and private markets.
We have a detailed understanding of the property market across the region which allows us to advise clients on the best way to sell their asset and achieve the best results.
We can also assist in finding the right property and follow the purchase process through from negotiation to completion.
- Marketing Appraisals
- Purchase and Sale of Farms, Land and Woodland
- Purchase and Sale of Country Properties
- Development Site Promotion and Sale Advice
As RICS Registered Valuers we specialise in the provision of a full range of valuations. We work closely with you and other professionals involved including solicitors, bank managers and accountants to provide a comprehensive valuation.
- Market Appraisals
- Succession and Tax Planning
- Red Book Valuations:
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax
- Matrimonial and Other Disputes
- Expert Witness
- Charities Act
- Trust Valuations
- Farm Stock Taking
- Plant & Machinery
Land & Estate Management
We offer advice on the day to day management of rural property, land and estates. We are focused on delivering the best results for our clients' property whilst at all times taking into account their short, medium and long term objectives.
We also recognise the importance of strategic planning for succession, business and taxation as farming and rural businesses are often, by their nature, long term and can involve several family generations.
- Strategic Estate Planning
- Rural and Agricultural Lettings
- Tenancy Matters
Town & Country Planning
Hands on experience with all facets of rural planning. Initial advice on pre planning considerations and options are seen as a key element to end success.
We can manage the planning process from start to finish to include coordination of specialist reports, surveys and drawings to the preparation, submission and monitoring of your planning application.
We provide specialist advice to landowners in the negotiation of option and promotion agreements. We also have experience in the ongoing monitoring of such agreements and liaison with the developer/promoter through to the final valuation and execution.
We can identify development opportunities, providing landowners with an assessment of the near, medium and long term planning potential of their land.
- Option and Promotion Agreement Advice
- Strategic Development Appraisals
- Planning Applications
- Permitted Development Applications
- Diversification Project Applications
Landlord & Tenant
Our comprehensive understanding of landlord and tenant law in the agricultural, commercial and residential sectors, enables us to advise effectively on your rights and obligations as a Landlord or a Tenant.
- Preparation of Tenancy Agreements – Assured Shorthold Tenancies (ASTs) & Farm Business Tenancies (FBTs)
- Agricultural Holding Act and Farm Business Tenancy Advice including Rent Reviews, Succession and End of Tenancy Claims
- Heads of Terms for Rural Business Leases
Compensation & Compulsory Purchase
Landowners and occupiers are frequently approached by companies or private individuals seeking rights over their land for various infrastructure projects.
To ensure that your interests are protected, it is important that expert advice is sought at an early stage. We can assist with the process from the preliminary discussions through to the negotiation of compensation.
- Third Party Rights
- Pipeline Schemes
- Road and Rail Works
- Overhead Lines
Subsidy & Grant Schemes
In the ever-changing world of rural grants, we can work with you to identify grant schemes which can enhance your business. Whether it be a diversification project or a farm improvement, we can assist with any aspect of the application process.
- Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) Applications
- Environmental Stewardship
- Farm Business Grants
- Diversification/New Rural Business Grants
- Woodland Grants